HSF Preservation Workroom
Get started by scheduling a visit to the Preservation Workroom:
- Wi-Fi access
- Date construction with historic maps
- Access specialized books about rehabilitation
- Identify architectural styles
- Review period paint colors
Where to begin
Historic rehabilitation is a process that will help you plan and execute a great building project. Please check this section often as we continue to expand our online library of How-To help. In the meantime, feel free to contact our office for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Want to delve into court records to date your property? Here is a handy guide to plan your property research.
If you are rehabilitating a property within one of the five historic districts, be sure to explore the Historic District Projects FAQs information regarding specific zoning requirements set out by the City of Staunton, and the role of The City of Staunton’s Historic Preservation Commission.
Incentives available for your investment
- DHR – Virginia Department of Historic Resources » Rehabilitation Tax Credits
- Incentives | City of Staunton (stauntonbusiness.com) (Not just for businesses and big developers)
- City of Staunton Rehab Abatement Program