7 Lawyers Row

Posted on Oct 6, 2020

Constructed before 1850 or possibly between 1850 and 1860, this is a single story, two bay, office building constructed of common bond brick masonry with a low sloping roof. Topped with a simple cornice, the façade includes an entry door on the north and a single, one over one sash window to the south.

The rear of the building, not viewable from Courthouse Square, is an addition constructed sometime between 1929 in 1949 as indicated on Sanborn maps.

The original brick surface was painted without a Certificate of Appropriateness sometime between 2015 and 2019.