350 N. Lewis St.

350 N. Lewis St.

350 N. LEWIS ST. DATE OF CONSTRUCTION:  1884 – 1909 HISTORY: Residential DEMOLITION DATE: Early 1990’s WHAT’S THERE NOW?: Vacant Lot PHOTO: HSF Archives
12-14 North Central Avenue

12-14 North Central Avenue

DATE OF CONSTRUCTION: 1891-1894 HISTORY: (1894) print shop.  (1904) Staunton Dispatch and News.  (1914) Daily News. (1921) News Leader.  (1929) Paint Store WHAT’S THERE NOW?: Parking lot DEMOLITION DATE: Fall 1982 PHOTO: HSF...
Hogshead & Alexander Building

Hogshead & Alexander Building

As noted in Jewish Merchants of Downtown Staunton, by Ruth Chodrow and Karen Lynne Johnston, Joseph Barth and Abraham Weinberg became business partners after consolidating their clothing stores in 1911. Their new store was located in the Hogshead and Alexander...